41. I still remember the day I first met her, she ____.
A. had long hair B. has long hairs
C. had long hairs D. has long hair
42.____, he is appointed as general manager of the company.
A. Be a man ever so young
B. So young as a man ever is
C. No matter he is young
D. A man ever so young
43. Nothing but some chairs____in the room.
A. has found B. had found
C. were found D. was found
44. More than one company____involved in this transaction.
A. was B. were C. to be D. /
45. It is said that his father____ for several years.
A. had died B. has been dead
C. died D. has dead
46. Water is to fish ____air is to man.
A. that B. which C. what D. how
47.____trouble, I’ll forget the whole thing.
A. Rather than caused B. Than rather caused
C. Than rather causing D. Rather than cause
48. The football match is scheduled to be televised ____.
A. live B. lively C. alive D. life
49. Advertising is distinguished from other forms of communication ____the advertiser pays for the message to be delivered.
A. in this way B. in that C. in which
D. in order to
50.____is often the case with a new idea, much preliminary activity and optimistic discussion produce no concrete proposals.
A. As B. That C. Which D. What
51. She walked 7 miles today in order to lose weight; I never imagined that she could walk____far.
A. as B. such C. that D. very
52. You won’t be able to finish the job ____you stop playing around.A. unless B. lest C. in case of D. so that
53. Women are often said to be more ____ than men.
A. liable B. identical C. emotional
54. This ticket ____you to a free meal in our new restaurant.
A. grants B. entitles C. credits D. permits
55. He is too weak to ____his business.
A. do with B. do without
C. do away with D. do up
56. She is so clever that I feel rather at a (an)____talking to her.
A. advantage B. disadvantage
C. mistake D. error
57. The thieves ____the papers all over the room as they were searching for the money.
A. spread B. swelled C. scattered
58. The information-office at the station ____that all trains were running about one hour behind time.
A. advertised B. declared C. determined
59. His book has made a great impact____ its readers.
A. at B. for C. to D. on
60. If any difficulties ____, you can call me for help.
A. arise B. happen C. occur
D. take place
61. Because of the severe international situation, the government has urged people to be ____ with food and water.
A. thrift B. economic C. economical
62. After 10 hours at the wheel of the car, he began to feel the ____.
A. tension B. nervous C. exertion
63. Would you please____ a seat for this evening’s concert?
A. reserve B. preserve C. conserve
64.The concept of ____grouping people with similar interests and abilities was very popular among educators.
A. implement B. homogeneous
C. integrated D. perfection
65. The introduction of fabrics made from rayon, nylon and other ____ fibers has made many changes in our civilization.
A. manufactured B. artificial
C. synthetic D. manned